The inaugural NL Virtual Science Fair was a success! Please see details here.
2020 Projects can be found here.
Date: Saturday, May 9th, 2020
Eligibility: This fair is open to any student in grades 7 to 12 outside of the eastern region of NL (Avalon Peninsula). Only single or 2-person projects are eligible.
The NL Virtual Science and Technology is an annual online event showcasing science and innovation of students Grades 7 to 12 outside of eastern Newfoundland. The fair enables students from remote locations across Newfoundland and Labrador a chance to participate in the Canada Wide Science Fair.
How to Enter
- Students must complete the Virtual Science Registration Form and submit it no later than midnight (NL Time), May 6th, 2020. (contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- After your project has been approved you will be notified by email of your allotted time when you will present your project. You must use Google Meet and a link will be shared with you.
- Be sure you can access this link from the computer you plan to use and that the computer has a functioning camera and microphone.
- Each student will be allotted a maximum of 30 minutes (10 minutes to present to the judges and then 15-20 minutes to answer the judges questions).
For the virtual fair you will present a slideshow. Additional information found in the link below.
- The NLTA Math-Science Special Interest Council has donated monetary prizes for the top 3 projects: 1st = $500 2nd = $300 3rd = $200
- All students who compete are encouraged to participate in the Youth Science Canada ONLINE STEM Fair https://makeprojects.com/ysc
Any questions contact email@example.com