Date: Saturday, March 28th, 2020
Eligibility: This fair is open to any student in grades 7 to 12 outside of the eastern region of NL (Avalon Peninsula). Only single or 2-person projects are eligible.
The NL Virtual Science and Technology is an annual online event showcasing science and innovation of students Grades 7 to 12 outside of eastern Newfoundland. The fair enables students from remote locations across Newfoundland and Labrador a chance to participate in the Canada Wide Science Fair.
How to Enter
- Students must complete the Virtual Science Registration Form and submit it no later than midnight (NL Time), March 18, 2020.(https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g1cNWCqd3l-TK7ZZYlfhyFzi8IOpNIRLHbOYnj1VCwE/edit)
- After your project has been approved you will be notified by email of your allotted time when you will present your project. You must log into a Skype for Business virtual meeting room by following the link:https://meet.lync.com/nf-nlesd/yvonnedawe/8JDZ55NP
- You will “wait in the lobby” until invited into the virtual room and then asked to “present/share your PowerPoint”. You will then be able to present the slideshow of your project.
- Be sure you can access this link from the computer you plan to use and that the computer has a functioning camera.
- Each student will be allotted a maximum of 30 minutes (10 minutes to present to the judges and then 15-20 minutes to answer the judges questions).
For the virtual fair you will present a slideshow. If you are chosen to compete at the Canada Wide Science Fair you will need to also complete the display board.
Additional information found in the link below.
- The NLTA Math-Science Special Interest Council has donated monetary prizes for the top 3 projects: 1st = $500 2nd = $300 3rd = $200
- Students with the best projects will be selected to join Science Team NL in representing the province at the 2020 Canada Wide Science Fair in Edmonton, Alberta from May 9-15. The number selected will depend on the quality of the projects as well as the funds available to sponsor students to attend this all expenses paid competition.
Any questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org